Friday, October 24, 2008

Peanut Butter Bars

I have been trying to think of a new bar to put out at the cafe, and this is one recipe I came across that I thought I'd try out at home. I'm not sure if it's a winner for the cafe (more candy like than bar like) but it is really yummy either way.
Peanut Butter Bars
1 c. (2 sticks) butter
3 c. confectioner's sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers

Combine all ingredients and mix completely.
Line a baking dish (8 x 11 would work; I actually doubled the recipe and used a 1/2 sheet pan) with foil, folding the it over the sides of the pan to form "handles." Press peanut butter mixture into pan.
For topping, I melted a little more than 1 bag of milk chocolate chips and spread it over the peanut butter mix. For the lines, I melted together peanut butter and white chocolate, then striped the milk chocolate, and went back over it with a toothpick.
This recipe was very, very easy...the bars taste just like a peanut butter cup. Yum! I think I will go back and cut the pieces in half though...they are very heavy! =)

No comments: