Thursday, March 26, 2009

Super Soft Brownie Cookies

Days like these I think God has a cruel sense of humor... why is it that I can bake super yummy things, but can't eat any more than a tiny nibble (if that!) without gaining 10lbs?! With not working, I have had an overwhelming need to bake; it's what keeps me sane! So I end up with little masterpieces like these cookies on my counter...crying out for a home! In all seriousness, these cookies rocked. I wasn't exactly expecting greatness, and the original recipe was a little blah. I decided to add some chocolate fudge pudding mix and some chopped white chocolate to make it a little more interesting. The end result was a soft, brownie like cookie. Yummmmmm.....

Super Soft Brownie Cookies
1 cup butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 pkg. chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs
10 oz. chopped white chocolate
2 c. flour
2/3 c. cocoa
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream butter and sugar until light. Add pudding mix and vanilla, then eggs. Mix for a few minutes, until fluffy. Add in white chocolate and mix for another minute or so.

Normally in cookies, I would add the chocolate in the end. This time, I decided to throw the chopped white chocolate in before the flour, in hopes that the chocolate would break up a little more from the added mixing, and would get incorporated into the batter a little more.

Ok. So after the chocolate is mixed in, add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and place on an ungreased baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes.

Another thing about this recipe...these cookies only "crackled" when I baked them on the top rack of my oven. I baked one tray on the bottom rack, and the cookies were flat. The others that were baked on the top rack puffed up nicely and got that nice glossy crackle. My oven racks aren't even that far apart, so I'm not too sure what the deal is. But a heads up anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This recipe is really going to keep me busy in the kitchen with all its glamor .
This is another must for the weekend! My kids would just hug me for this.