Friday, March 7, 2014

Chipwich!

I am not a big fan of ice cream.  Milkshakes, yes...ice cream, no.  However, one of Adam's favorite treats is a Chipwich.  I've been wanting to make them for a long time, so yesterday I decided to throw them together quick. 


For these chipwiches, you will need chocolate chip cookies, vanilla ice cream, and mini chocolate chips.  Easy, right? 

I really love and highly recommend Cookie Base #1 that I blogged about a few posts back.  I was able to use it with these chocolate chip cookies, and it took no more than maybe 10 minutes to mix them up and have them in the oven.  And, of course, they are crazy good.  I chose to use one regular size (11.5 oz) package of milk chocolate chips as my add in for the cookie base.

Once my cookies were baked and cooled, I thought I was going to be all cool and pipe on my vanilla ice cream.  Unfortunately the top of the cookie slid right off and I had a big mess on my hands (literally.)  I ended up throwing my cookies in the freezer for about 15 minutes, and used a cookie scoop for the ice cream. 

In the end, I found it worked like a charm to place a small scoop of ice cream on one chilly cookie, top it with a second chilly cookie, and roll the edges in a bowl of mini chocolate chips. It would be a great idea to have a tray with waxed paper set up in your freezer so when you are done with each cookie, you can pop it right in and it doesn't have time to melt. 


Enjoy!

No comments: