Monday, June 8, 2009

Snickerdoodle-Chip Muffins

Yum. Yum. Yum. That is what comes to mind with these muffins. They should have a halo over their shiny sugary little heads, they are so perfect and angelic. Moist, melt in your mouth.....*sigh*...yum.
I will be the first to admit that I have had muffin troubles in the past, so I have put my brownie quest aside for now, and have ventured out on a new journey to find some really perfect muffin recipes. This recipe was originally for French Breakfast Muffins (and I sincerely apologize that I do not know which blog I found it on;) I'm sure it was great as it was, but I really wanted to change it up so that...well, uhhh...so that I could call them Snickerdoodle-Chip Muffins. Silly, I know, but still...yum.

Snickerdoodle-Chip Muffins
1 stick butter, divided
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
1 healthy glug of vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
6 oz. chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet because that was what I had, but next time I will make them with milk chocolate)

Melt 1/3 c. butter in a microwave safe bowl. Whisk in milk, egg, and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. Stir in wet ingredients until just combined. Add in chocolate chips.

In a greased muffin tin, scoop batter equally into 9 portions. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.

For the topping, mix 1/3c. sugar, a heaping 1/4 tsp. cinnamon together in one bowl. In another bowl, melt remaining butter. Take warm muffins and dip them first in the butter, and then in the sugar.


5 comments:

Risa said...

These look great! I love anything with cinnamon and sugar.

Kat said...

They look delicious! I am a new reader to your blog and I must say the things you make look so delicious! It makes me want to bake everyday.

J. said...

They look really good! Now I want a muffin haha :)

Anonymous said...

These look amazing! I'd love to try making these for an event this weekend. What temperature did you bake them at?

mpaigew said...

Sorry! I baked them at 350 degrees.